About the showThe mother of all jukebox musicals, Mamma Mia! takes it's place amongst the long runners in the West End. The show has been seen by millions of fans worldwide, helped by the release of the film of the musical which went on to become the best selling DVD of all time. The show cleverly places your favourite ABBA hits into a brand new story, set on a remote Greek Island full of weddings, mistaken identity and of course - fun. The show is popular with groups of all ages, from hen parties to first dates - you cannot help but enjoy this ultimate feelgood musical. Featuring songs such as 'Dancing Queen', 'Money Money Money' and 'Waterloo', sing along and say 'Thank you For the Music...'
Sophie is days away from getting married to Sky and she is desperate to find out who her biological father is. After reading her mother's diary she narrows it down to three possible options and decides to invite them all to her wedding without telling her mum Donna. As they all turn up, along with Donna's friends from her old performing days, the race is on to discover her paternity before she walks down the aisle. The hilarious script brings these larger than life characters together in a plot that will keep you guessing until the final wedding scene. Who is Sophie's real father? What will happen when Sky finds out? And who will end up walking down the aisle...?
Who Should See It?This smash-hit ABBA musical is the perfect treat for theatregoers of all ages! Whether you are an avid ABBA fan, or a musical-lover, this show will have you tapping along to all the songs you never knew you knew. Fans of the blockbuster movie will enjoy seeing the show live on stage! The show is a popular choice for hen parties and celebrations, so grab your friends and join in the biggest party in the West End.
Mamma Mia! is recommended 5+. Under 4s will not be admitted into the venue.
- Sophie - a 20 year old woman who is preparing to marry her island love Sky. She writes to three potential father's in order to find her real dad in time for her wedding. She sings 'I Have a Dream' and 'Lay All Your Love on Me' with her fiancée Sky.
- Donna - Sophie's mother, an ex entertainer who struggles to run a hotel on a remote Greek island. Aside from wondering what she would do if she had a little 'Money, Money, Money', she is shocked at the arrival of her ex-boyfriends, delivering the emotional 'The Winner Takes it All' and 'Slipping Through My Fingers'.
- Rosie - Donna's larger than life friend from her performing days who visits the island for the wedding and ends up falling in love with Bill.
- Tanya - Donna's 'posh' friend who grabs the attention of the younger island boys who fight for her attentions as she sings 'Does Your Mother Know'.
- Sky - Sophie's fiancée who enjoys island life and does not want such a large scale wedding.
- Bill - Sophie's potential father and ex-lover of Donna. He is committed to the single life, until Rosie gets him to 'Take A Chance on Me'.
- Sam - An ex-lover of Donna's who broke her heart by being engaged to another girl. He proposes to Donna during the wedding, hating to see it all go to waste.
- Harry - The final contender for the role of Sophie's father.
- 2000 Laurence Olivier Awards - Best Performance in a Supporting Role (Jenny Galloway)
6th Sep 2012
1st Jun 2020
6th Mar 2021
2 hours 20 minutes
Recommended 5+. No under 4s. All persons aged under 16 must be accompanied and sat next to the accompanying adult. They may not sit on their own within the auditorium. If children do have separate seats, entry could be refused.