- Special offers
|Offer||Previous price||Offer price||Saving|
|No Booking Fee Valid Mon-Thu until 30 Nov 2019.||Was£39.00||Now£39.00||SavingNo fees|
About the showOriginally premiering in the West End in 2006 after a smash-hit Broadway opening in 2003, Stephen Schwartz’s incomparable musical Wicked continues to dazzle audiences at London’s Apollo Victoria Theatre. A WhatsOnStage and Olivier Award-winning emerald extravaganza, the thrilling spectacular reveals the little-known story behind the Witches of Oz.
Loosely based around L. Frank Baum’s The Wizard of Oz and Gregory Maguire’s novel of the same name, Wicked tells the magical tale of the two witches behind the notorious plot. Following new college roommates Elphaba, who is cursed with green skin, and Glinda, the spoilt blonde-haired witch, the musical is an electrifying tale of romance, magic and, ultimately, friendship. Can Elphaba and Glinda overcome societal prejudice, and their own differences, to save the kingdom of Oz?
Featuring a hugely well-known score by Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Pippin), the musical features smash-hit tunes including “The Wizard and I”, “Popular”, “Defying Gravity” and “No Good Deed”, amongst many more. Quickly becoming one of the most unforgettable theatrical experiences, Wicked continues to play to packed out audiences.
Current principal casting includes Alice Fearn as Elphaba, Sophie Evans as Glinda, David Witts as Fiyero, Melanie La Barrie as Madame Morrible, Andy Hockley as The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Chris Jarman as Doctor Dillamond, Jack Lansbury as Boq and Rosa O'Reilly as Nessarose. From 22nd July 2019, Alistair Brammer takes over the role of Fiyero.
Wicked features music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, with a book by Winnie Holzman. Directed by Joe Mantello (The Last Ship, Assassins), the musical also includes set design by Eugene Lee, costume design by Susan Hilferty, lighting design by Kenneth Posner and sound design by Tony Meola.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2016, Wicked continues to stun audiences around the world and at the Apollo Victoria Theatre. With previous casting including huge names such as Idina Menzel, Kerry Ellis, Rachel Tucker, Willemijn Verkaik and many more, this glitzy spectacular is the perfect treat for long-time theatregoers and West End visitors!
Who Should See It?Wicked is perfect for those who like large-scale musicals, featuring stunning designs and star casting. With fantastic sets, exciting special effects and a large talented ensemble Wicked is an excellent choice for first time theatregoers and veterans alike.
Wicked is recommended 7+. Under 3s will not be admitted into the theatre.
- Elphaba - the green skinned girl with magical powers who fights for liberal rights in Oz. She later becomes The Wicked Witch of the West. Whilst escaping Oz she sings the immortal 'Defying Gravity'.
- Galinda - Elphaba's upper-class room-mate who helps her to become 'Popular'. The two end up becoming friends, and Galinda becomes The Good Witch of the North.
- Fiyero - An arrogant Winkie Prince who is in love with both Elphaba and Galinda. He 'Dances Through Life' without a care in the world.
- The Wizard - A misguided phony who teaches Elphaba about how to pretend you are doing a good job so everyone calls you 'Wonderful'.
- Madame Morrible - The Headmistress of Shiz University who recognises the girl's magical powers and tries to manipulate them for her own benefit.
- Nessarose - Elphaba's wheelchair bound sister who becomes the Witch of the East. She owns the magical silver shoes that Dorothy steals when she lands a house on her.
- Tony Awards 2004: Best Actress in a Musical (Menzel), Best Costume Design, Best Scenic Design
- Laurence Olivier Awards Nominations 2007: Best Costume Design, Best Lighting Design, Best Scenic Design.